In case you missed it...
This week Ms. Quiles and our parents had their weekly chat during our Principal/Parent Chat session on Zoom. If you were not able to attend, please join us next Friday at Noon via Zoom.
This week we discussed:
- Mr. Russo will begin a SHSAT (Specialized High School Admissions Test) prep class. This class will help prepare our students for the upcoming SHSAT exam for admission to the Specialized High Schools in NYC.
- Afterschool Programs will begin Oct 12th and will be held on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Friday from 2:30pm until 4pm. Programs will focus on help in ELA and Math, as well as other subjects such as Robotics and Theatre. Permission Slips will be sent home this week. It is strongly recommended that all students attend.
If your child attends the Beacon Program, they can first attend the Afterschool Program then join Beacon at 4pm.
- Saturday Academy will begin in November. We will be offering help in ELA and Math and well as other activities.
- We are very excited to announce that our school has new water fountains on each floor dispensing filter water. The fountains also make it easier to fill bottled waters. Please feel free to send your child in with a refillable water bottle.
- Volleyball try-outs with Mr. Quezada will be help on Thursday from 2:30pm - 4pm. All our girls are invited to join Mr. Quezada. Practices will be held on Thursdays from 2:30pm to 4pm.
- Picture Day will be held on October 21st. All 8th graders will have their pictures taken for the Yearbook. 6th & 7th graders are invited to have their pictures taken as well. Order Forms will be coming home soon.
- Join us for our Family Science Day at the Bronx Zoo. Families are invited to join us on Saturday, October 22nd on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo with our staff and their families. Parents and family members are invited to join our students on this amazing trip. Please be advised at all students must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you are interested in joining our School Leadership Team (SLT) or become an Officer in our Parents Association (PA) please contact Ms. Saldana.